Old 21-05-2010, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Garden Trek III: The search for Shat

Ohioguy wrote:
I am curious as to what part of the country you live in, and
wondering if it may be a "local" shortage there.

I'm in SW Ohio. As I said, 10 years ago, all the big stores and
hardware stores had bags of composted cow manure this time of year.
Right now, I only found one small garden center that carried it, but had
sold out, and Meijer, where I ended up getting bags for $1.19 each.

All the other places only had bags of topsoil, humus, "humus with
composted cow manure" (but didn't tell how much of each), and mulch.

Maybe that's what it was all along and they got in trouble for
mislabeling it.

Bib