Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
FRBSTRD

Default fishless cycling w/ plants

FWIW, I find this "fishless cycling craze" pretty silly. Simply
vacuuming some mulm from an established aquarium, adding this to the
filter, some old tank water etc, mix a bunch into your gravel right
before you fill the tank up instantly cycles your tank, no waiting for
3 weeks etc.

I mean how simple is adding what you want in the _first place_,
BACTERIA and organic mulm, vs Household cleaners?
I just don't get it.

well it kind of depends f you have an established tank to begin with to take
bacteria from that said i did fishless cycling on my first tank then seeded my
others from it