Old 21-05-2010, 04:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Clover Control

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Frank McElrath wrote:
I have a bad clover problem here in the DC area. As much as I hate
to use chemicals, I may have to. We are planning to take a 3 week
vacation starting at the beginning of August.

Would I do damage to my grass if I sprayed a weedkiller on right
before we left, so as to minimize our exposure to it?

What is wrong with clover? What catastrophe would ensue if you had
clover in your lawn?

My understanding is that a clover lawn seldom needs mowing, requires
less water and fertilizer, and is naturally nearly weed free when
established.

http://landscaping.about.com/cs/lawn...er_lawns_3.htm

So much for the pluses, all of this is balanced by being able to be
killed by broad leaf plant poisons. The beauty of grass lawns is a
marketing invention of the chemical companies supplying broad leaf
toxins. Suburbia has largely bought into this.

Jeff

David