Old 21-05-2010, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donnie[_2_] Donnie[_2_] is offline

Default Advice on (RE)starting a compost heap

Donwill wrote:

Old gardeners used to say in the old days that to start a compost you
just peed on it; how often and how much I don't know, but the advice
was " to start it off, Pee on it". Hope that helps Cheers
Don

Aye, I used to pee on it, something to do with nitrates if i remember.

I have the odd pee in the garden anyway near the fences, apparantly it
will deter foxes as I have chickens, mind you my Golden Retriever is
always on standby to try and pee on my pee LOL

--
Donnie