Old 21-05-2010, 04:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Weed Blocker for fruits/veggies?

Jim wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Jim said:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

[....]

Eggs, if a customer asked you to apply lime and fertilizer to
their lawn on the same day would you do it?

I wouldn't. I prefer to add lime in the fall, when it will have the
couple months that it needs to break down and incorporate into the
soil. That being said, I doubt it would do any harm. I wouldn't mix
the two in the hopper at the same time. If I /had/ to do it, then
I'd do the lime app, and then the fertilizer app.
--

Eggs

Eggs, thanks for your input on this.

The customer is trying to save money by eliminating some of my travel
cost.

FWIW, I have done both applications at the same time on my home lawn several
times, and never had a problem.