Old 22-05-2010, 05:58 PM
dusty42g dusty42g is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulem View Post
Hi All

I have a Mountfield mower with a Honda GCV135 engine which starts fine and seems to run fine but then cuts out after a minute or so, it restarts ok but cuts out again after a minute.

A friend looked at it and checked the plug and said it seems to be running rich does anyone have any suggestions or know how to set the mixture on this engine.

Thanks

Paul
Identical problem with my Lawn-King powered by a Honda GCV160. So many replies said that a plug change would cure it, so I did just that. After weeks of trying to start it (It always started first pull, then died after about 30 seconds) I was suddenly cutting foot high grass with ease. Thanks to everyone who offered this 'too good to be true' tip!