Old 22-05-2010, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] nobody@junk.min.net is offline

Default Anyone growing PawPaws?

In , on 05/19/10
at 12:43 AM, Ross said:

We have a young tree, just a bit over 6 feet tall. It has bloomed the
last few years, as a matter of fact it's in bloom right now. However, it
has never set fruit and after reading the other posts in this thread and
doing a bit of Googling, it is easier to understand why.

As you probably saw, pawpaw isn't self-fertile, so you need at least two
trees. Plus, the flower is pollinated by flies, so a recommended way to
attract them is by hanging up a small piece of meat.

I have two pawpaw trees in my back yard here by the northwest corner of
Baltimore. One is several years older than the other. The older tree has
flowered for a few years, the younger one produced its first flower this
year.-