Old 22-05-2010, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Help - leafe miners

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

Damn it but my young Hmong red cucumbers have leaf miner damage already and
they have only begun to take off. What is the quickest and best way to
knock this down? Screw organic, at this rate my plants will all be
infected. All I have for now is the organic pesticide/fungicide/ herbicide
combos using lecithin and some natural soap. I'll hose it with malathion
if
I have to.

Bon apatite

Apatite only has a Mohs Scale hardness of 5. I think I'd want something
harder.

As for the leaf miners, I'd go right to the propane torch. Nuke 'em ;O),
or go for the Sevin 80 WSP, and keep the plant in the house, next to
your bed, where you can watch it.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/mg006

--
- Billy