Old 22-05-2010, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default acidify soil after planting blueberries?

wrote:
Ohioguy wrote:

snip

I was employed by a small-time commercial blueberry grower in the
early part of the last decade. Here in peninsular FL, commercial
blueberries are not even planted in the soil but are grown on hilled
rows of 100% pine bark. Where I worked, after their annual pruning,

I have 3 planted in peat, in my limited space. My second year with them,
and have only cut dead branches. Lot of berries for small bushes, at
least I'm happy.

Care to say anything about pruning?

Jeff

the
plants receive a top dressing of pine bark, a good healthy annual dose
of humic acid and a side of commercial slow-release azalea fertilizer.