Old 22-05-2010, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Honeysuckle ID

I've now found 6 species of honeysuckle growing "in the wild" this year,
the last beside a canal towpath.

This last isn't in Stace, but referring to the Hillier Manual leads me
to suspect Lonicera tatarica. But it's not obviously the same as the
plant I photographed under that name at a National Trust garden in 2005.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Lonice39.jpg

Anyone agree or disagree?

PS: Pam Moore was asking about the scent of the Elaeagnus multiflora.
Now that the flowers have opened there is some scent present, but it
wasn't striking.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley