Old 23-05-2010, 11:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default More problems - slugs

On Sun, 23 May 2010 00:17:35 -0700, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

I visited the plants tonight and one of my cucumber pots was crawling
with
slugs. I removed about a dozen by hand. How effective are the natural
remedies. I searched the Net and see that a bowl of cheap beer attracts
the
slugs who apparently are alcoholics. Once sated with the beer they
forget
to exit the bowl and die. Happily. Would a bowl of chips increase the
effectiveness?

Anyone have any favorite methods? I'd even consider a chemical solution
if
it were not especially toxic.

Can I expect slugs to be less of an issue when the summer heat arrives?
Do
they burrow into the soil in the pots?

You sure, you should be gardening?
--

OK, so this means you have nothing of any use to say?

Paul

I doubt it, but it looks like this newsgroup is getting closer to
"dead."