Old 23-05-2010, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default It's 'ot!

On Sat, 22 May 2010 21:32:27 +0100, green wrote:

On Sat, 22 May 2010 16:06:37 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

The greenhouse today was at 100 c, I don't think it has been that hot for a
long time!

Alan

Indeed - I had checked my tomatoes this morning - fine; by late
afternoon quite a wilt on them

A colleague swears by letting them go a bit limp before watering - he
reckons it leads to stronger root growth as they search for water !!!

Any views?

Don't like it.

I water the soil well after the sun goes down, and if it's been really
hot, they like a misting over the foliage too. It's supposed to
assist fertilisation but I think that's unnecessary. I think to
prevent fertilisation you'd have enclose every individual flower in
its own sealed sheath.

--