Old 23-05-2010, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike PtePike is offline

Default Raspberry problem - are they still alive?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

Raspberries fruit on last years canes so you have removed your chances
of fruit this year.
Let them grow canes this year for fruiting next year, only prune out
any small and damaged canes this winter leaving the rest to fruit.
Next year, after they have finished fruiting prune out all the canes
that have fruited at just above ground level leaving the new young
ones to grow up for the following year's crop. And that is your
pruning regime for ever more...
With regard to the two plants that didn't do much last year, they
should not have been allowed to flower/crop in their first year but
grow strong and provide the canes for fruiting this year. Sounds as if
you inadvertently overstressed and killed them.

Hi Bob Hobden
I would like your advice on my raspberries
Here or start another thread?

PtePike