Old 23-05-2010, 10:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Our Muslim Heritage

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Our Muslim heritage

Barack OBAMA, during his Cairo speech, said: "I know, too, that Islam
has always been a part of America 's story." '

AN AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RESPONSE:

The earliest documented cases of Muslims to come to the United States
were two West African slaves: Ayuba Suleiman Diallo, who was brought to
America in 1731 and returned to Africa in 1734,[1] and Omar Ibn Said in
the mid 19th century. There has been some speculation that a Moor slave
Estevanico of Azamor, who had converted to Christianity [2][3][4] 14
years before his arrival in North America in the early 16th century, was
at least the first born Muslim to enter the historical record in North
America.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

". . . more than 3,500 Muslims have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan,
according to Defense Department figures provided to The Times. As of
2006, some 212 Muslim-American soldiers had been awarded Combat Action
Ribbons for their service in Iraq and Afghanistan, and seven had been
killed."
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/09/us...pagewanted=all

Looks like the religion has a right to be here, it's paid for in blood
and service.

Disrespecting another American's religion, isn't the American way.
Neither is killing non-combatants, and calling them "collateral damage",
to use Timothy McVeigh's words.

You break it, you own it.

Sorts of reminds me of WWII and the Japanese interment camps and how
those American citizens fought with distinction. At lest we don't have
interment camps but it is so easy to forget and relive our cultural
mistakes just because the name or nomenclature changes. We are human.

One thing for sure the faceless enemy is always close by in our minds.

911 1 creep from Jordan the rest from Saudi Arabia . Taliban suck if
for no other reason for me than the destruction of the largest stone
twin Buddhas in the world.... dam fanatics.

I am not a Buddhist BTW.

http://www.google.com/images?client=...&q=afghanistan
+art&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=A5r5S_nzLoKC8ga7uqjdCg&sa=X&oi=im age_re
sult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC4QsAQwAA

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?