Old 24-05-2010, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leatherwood Fern?

noel888 wrote:
I bought this little package at home depot garden area and was
surprised to see that the product was what looked like a half moon.

That is not much to go on.

I thought that fern's could only propagate through spores?

But that doesn't mean that you bought spores (which may take special
conditions to grow and develop) more likely you bought a small plant. But
what?

Anyhow never
heard of this type and it looks like a Boston Fern, that was what
attracted me to it in the first place. That half moon object could be
a tuber of some sort? I googled, but it does not say anything about a
tuber.

Not a tuber. I don't suppose this package had any description on it?
Perhaps instructions for care and feeding? Even a name would be good.

This is all rather obscure.

David