Old 24-05-2010, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Brocolli, starting to flower

DirtBag wrote:
One of the my Brocolli plants is already flowering?

I purchased it as a seedling. It was rather large and already
starting to bud. Some later reading on the net led me to believe
this plant might not have been the best seedling since it was already
budding. Is this true? Should I cut back on this flowering bud and
await new shoots? Is this plant still viable for producing food?

Another of the two is similarly budding, but not yet flowering.
Anything I should be doing with it?

Thanks, I'm new at brocolli plants.

Cut the heads while they are still tight and dark coloured, before the
flowers start to open. More will grow from lower down.

David