Old 24-05-2010, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening
Ahem A Rivet's Shot Ahem A Rivet's Shot is offline

Default Some gardeners were harmed in the making of this program.

On Sun, 23 May 2010 14:52:16 +0100 (BST)
wrote:

Welcome to ye shedde Nick, the blue circle bags are comfy but do
mind your cardy on the nai ... oh well never mind it'll mend.

More importantly, it depends on the design of mower and conditions.
In over 30 years, I have never once even got my foot under a mower,
because they have had rear grass boxes and I am mowing on the flat.

Quite - it's very hard to get a foot underneath the blades when
there's a grass box at the back, and I can't imagine wanting to use a mower
without one.

Strimmers and brush cutters OTOH make me want a suit of armour -
especially when someone else is holding one near me.

I would mow in bare feet, safely, if it were not for my wife! Not

Not so sure about that - I want a priest, or at least something to
protect my sole from things lurking in the grass.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith | Directable Mirror Arrays
C:WIN | A better way to focus the sun