Old 24-05-2010, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default slugs

"JonHorrox" wrote in message

I haven't had any luck with 'alternative' slug control. I still find
that the best way to stop slugs is good old fashioned slug pellets. The
technology gets better every year; there seems to always be something
else to make them easier and safer to use.

I'm using Eraza this year, check out the website: 'Eraza - Advanced Slug
and Snail Killer' (http://www.eraza.co.uk)

It's about time a manufacturer reintroduced methiocarb pellets. Far more
effective than metaldehyde as slugs cannot recover from it, and it is much
more active against snails (which can nullify the dehydrating effect of
metaldehyde by sealing themselves in their shell).

--

Jeff