Old 25-05-2010, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Can't sort the garden thanks to next doors dog!

On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:05:00 -0400, Ice-Maiden
wrote:

She got in 2 Saturdays ago and bit my husband. BUT, it was partially his
fault as he did pick her up! Even still she drew a hell alot of blood!

Did you ring the police?

I wouldn't take the risk of waiting for a second injury.

Ring the police now - the local number not a 999 and say you want to
report a dangerous dog.

Yes they might fall out with you - but how bad would you feel if your
daughter was bitten next and you'd not done anything.

You might well be thinking "it's his fault a bit for picking the dog
up" but you won't be able to stop your daughter petting her or trying
to give her a cuddle when she's a bit bigger.

My friend's little girl has a scar on her face from being the second
person a dog bit. She only went near it to pat it and the owner was
only a foot or so away.

Now, I have a 6 month old daughter, the cats and now a 9 week old Jack
Russell Terrier who I take out in the garden with me. I was out putting
the washing on the line, and low and behold ... The dog makes a HUGE
hole in the fence right in front of me!! I had to scoop my puppy up and
hold him close until the neighbour called the dog back. Luckily she
didn't get through!

When my husband got back from the hospital, the owner and the eldest
brother were outside talking. And when I said that she has had a taste,
she will bite again and to watch the kids, they laughed and said: "Well
she is fine with the kids ..."

I am feeling like a sodding prisoner in my own home because after she
bit the husband, I am worried she will attack the cats, the pup or even
worse my daughter. I have had a daughter bit by a dog, and it wasn't
nice! And I can't do nothing in the garden because of the darn dog.

I am refusing to put up a new fence at the moment because I have a
seriously bad feeling that Neeva will break through that as well and it
will be money wasted that we are struggling to afford.

I have been raised and worked with dogs most my life and they treat me
like I knew nothing. The amount of holes now that are in our fence
(which the previous owners of our house paid for and erected 8 years
ago) is seriously bad now!

The owner doesn't care one bit what his mutt is doing. But surley, isn't
the dog causing criminal damage?

I would like to add also that the eldest brother Ron, who lives next
door with his mum, is seriously getting miffed, but wont ask his brother
to take the dog elsewhere because "it is a difficult situation." A
certain swear word begining with B comes to mind!

Sorry for the long post *blushes*

--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk