Old 25-05-2010, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Can't sort the garden thanks to next doors dog!

In message , mogga
writes
My friend's little girl has a scar on her face from being the second
person a dog bit. She only went near it to pat it and the owner was
only a foot or so away.

As a dog owner myself (very gentle dog I might add) the one thing I
detest is parents who allow their little darlings to come running up to
my dog to pat it.

Now to the OP's problem.

You want to avoid direct confrontation with your neighbour but at the
same time you want the problem solved.

You say the property belongs to the Council but the fence is yours and
is in poor state of repair (Partly due to the dog)

My suggestion-

Go to the Council. Explain the problem (don't overstate your case) and
inform them of your intention to replace the fence, but you want them to
take action to ensure it isn't going to be damaged by their tenant. If
it is you will make a claim against the Council.
Maybe they will take action. The neighbours may well be in breach of
their tenancy agreement just by having a dog at all.

Can't guarantee it will work of course.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha