Old 25-05-2010, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
MICHELLE H. MICHELLE H. is offline

Default Hedge instead of fence ( Cheryl )

I forgot to also mention, that you could also go with "Dwarf Alberta
Spruce" as well, on the property border. "Dwarf Alberta Spruce" only
grows to a height of about 8 feet tall, and 3 feet wide. But don't
expect "instant privacy" from them. "Dwarf Alberta Spruce" only grows
like 2-3 INCHES PER YEAR, so if you plant one when small, it will takes
many, many years before getting 8 feet tall.

Here are some other images for you to check out, of the shrubs I
mentioned:

1)

Dwarf Alberta Spruce - Google Search

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&g...alberta+spruce

2)

Blue Point Juniper - Google Search

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&g...uniper&spell=1

3)

Here is a random picture that I found on craigslist.org of what an
"Arborvitae Fence" would look like almost fully grown, on your property
line:

ARBORVITAE'S (EMERALD)

http://albany.craigslist.org/grd/1695107346.html