Old 25-05-2010, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Our Muslim Heritage

In article ,
"Lelandite" wrote:

On holiday in Europe, Bert noticed a marble column in a
church in Rome
with a golden telephone on it. As a young priest passed
by, Bert asked
who the telephone was for. The priest told him it was a
direct line to
Heaven, and if he'd like to call, it would be one thousand
dollars.
Bert was amazed, but declined the offer. Throughout Europe
Bert kept
seeing the same golden telephone on a marble column. At
each, he asked
about it and the answer was always the same: a direct line
to Heaven and
he could call for a thousand dollars.

Bert finished his European tour in Ireland. He decided to
attend Mass at
a local village church. When he walked in the door he
noticed the golden
telephone, but underneath it there was a sign stating:
DIRECT LINE TO
HEAVEN, 25 cents.

"Father," he said I have been all over Europe and in all
the cathedrals
I visited, I've seen telephones exactly like this one but
The price is
always $1000.00. Why is it that this one is only 25
cents?" The priest
smiled and said, "Son, you're in Ireland now. It's a local
call." ;O)

thoroughly enjoyed. But even Ireland hasn't figured
it
out that it costs a red penny to talk to God.

Your garden sounds wonderful. It's time like this when
wish I lived on a bigger lot. I miss my fresh greenbeans
and
peas and other veggies. But I do have tomatoes and squash
growing.

Donna
in WA

I presume that your having the same miserable weather that we're having,
except in spades. Woke up to rain this morning. Rain predicted for
tomorrow, with possibility of showers on Fri., grrr. I see that they've
got rain in the midwest too, only they are some 10 degrees warmer than
here.
--
- Billy