Old 25-05-2010, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Some gardeners were harmed in the making of this program.

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ldframe014.jpg

That's a fine harvest of straw you've got!

Next-door nabe is a farm worker. Last December I asks
"need some dahlia protection this Winter, any chance of
some straw?" Next day he tractors up with a whole
bale!!
"A tenth of that would be fine" say I.
"No chance" says he, "once you cut the baling straps,
it'll blow all over the road and I'll get nicked."
What's left is stored on the allotment, under some
corrugated. Enough to keep dahlias, strawberries,
hedgehogs, etc, happy for the next 10 years.