Old 25-05-2010, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Some gardeners were harmed in the making of this program.

In uk.rec.gardening Bertie Doe wrote:
"No chance" says he, "once you cut the baling straps,
it'll blow all over the road and I'll get nicked."
What's left is stored on the allotment, under some
corrugated. Enough to keep dahlias, strawberries,
hedgehogs, etc, happy for the next 10 years.

We buy our straw from a local stables. Costs about 3 quid for a bale, which
is about the same price as a medium sized bag from the local pet shop. We
use a relatvely large amount of straw.