Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Nsty N8

Default frequency of water changes

Something I've observed recently, and am looking for comments ....

I do water changes on all of my three (about to be four ;-) tanks once a
week. In general the fish always seem to be a bit perkier after doing the
water change, with the exception of my planted tank, where their behavior
seems to indicate that they prefer a longer time between water changes (a
few times, I've missed the weekly schedule). Possibly just due to the
species of fish, or something about the fact that it's a planted tank? I
change a relatively small volume of water in this tank; 10%, to keep the pH
from increasing too much all at once.

And I was wondering how often people in this newsgroup do water changes to
their planted tanks?

* I change about 50-75% weekly.

Neight Goetz