Old 27-05-2010, 03:01 PM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
Larry[_8_] Larry[_8_] is offline

Default ID this type of farm BRIDGE, please

In article , says...

When the Rockville bridge was built across the Susquehanna River (PA)

in
1900-1902, it was described as the longest stone arch bridge (3,280') in
the world. (Not entirely true because it was concrete filled.)

There's a stone arch bridge across the river entering Merida, Spain,
that was constructed by the Romans and is still carrying 2-lane highway
traffic, including trucks. It's been a while since I was there, but I
don't think it's quite as long as yours. I also remember that one arch
looked like it had collapsed and been repaired. The later stone work
was not as high quality as the Roman masonry.