Old 27-05-2010, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default Clover Control

David E. Ross wrote:
Frank McElrath wrote:
I have a bad clover problem here in the DC area. As much as I hate
to use chemicals, I may have to. We are planning to take a 3 week
vacation starting at the beginning of August.

Would I do damage to my grass if I sprayed a weedkiller on right
before we left, so as to minimize our exposure to it?

What is wrong with clover? What catastrophe would ensue if you had clover
in your lawn?

David

The catastrophe is that it spreads to flower beds and crowds out plants
that you want to grow.

From my 40 some years experience with clover in lawns, I've never seen
a big problem with it spreading to flower beds. Not that it doesn't,
but it's a lot easier to pull clover out of a mulched flower bed then it
is to pull grass that spread into the same flower bed.

Tony