Old 28-05-2010, 03:04 AM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
Ann[_7_] Ann[_7_] is offline

Default ID this type of farm BRIDGE, please

On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:08:29 +1000, FarmI wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2010 08:20:36 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Wallace" wrote:

u...
"MNRebecca" wrote in message

But would there
have been ditches WITHOUT such bridges in the first place? How
did you get the water out of the ditch and onto the field without
the bridge/pump system?

Of course there would have been. Watering can be moved out of the
ditch by hand very easily using a simple syphon method and that is
common enough even today. See pic on this cite:
http://www.pump-zone.com/piping/pipi...nd-the-siphon-

effect-
that-su
cking-sound.html

only if you turn the whole world on its head. Siphoning from a lower
to a higher point sounds like a perpetual motion machine. Are you
trolling?

You are obviously in misc.rural, FarmI has been posting in rec.gardens
for many years and is a valuable source of information to us.

"Farm1" (Fran) has been posting to misc.rural a few months short of 10
years.

God! Is it really that long? I'm suddenly feeling even older than I
normally do! You really know how to depress a girl Ann.

I checked by doing a lookup at groups.google.com; iirc the first post
they have is Aug, 2000. Didn't look up my first post but it was in early
1996 ... even more depressing.

To now go completely off topic, do you know how much damage the volcanic
ash did where Janet lives?