Old 28-05-2010, 08:42 AM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
Randy Randy is offline

Default ID this type of farm BRIDGE, please

On May 27, 9:17*pm, Dean Hoffman wrote:

* * *Siphon tubes have pretty much disappeared in my part of the U.S.
It's just too much work and the land has to be fairly flat. *We had a
few when I was a kid. *One thing I remember was the varmints digging and
* causing leaks in the ditch.
* * I had relatives in Idaho who used a lot of siphon tubes. *I think
the water came from the Snake River. *They had some tubes as large as 4"
diameter for pasture irrigation.
* *Pivot irrigation is by far the most common. *Some farmers are trying
subsurface irrigation. * Gated pipe is still fairly common.- Hide quoted text -

Siphon tubes was how we irrigated when I was a kid. I think the
tubes were
bigger then 4" tho. Or it could have been just that I was pretty
little then.