Old 28-05-2010, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bud Bud is offline

Default Sunflower Help

On 2010-05-28, Digmeup wrote:

Hi Guys

My daughter has come home from school with a sunflower seedling. The
idea is that we grow it and take a picture when fully grown for a school
project.

This has now grown to about 18 inches tall - and is now in a good sized
pot.

Whats the best care we can give it for maximum growth and health.

You need a very big pot. The roots will become very large and
hungry for water. Some sunflowers grow up to 10-12 feet, 3 meters
or more.

Have noticed that some of the older leaves have now become discoloured
and very limp looking - is this normal as it grows?

No, but some dry as the plant ages, more water.

any help will be appreciated - and may even put the pic on here once it
is fully grown.

Thanks for reading and helping out.

HTH
--