Old 29-05-2010, 08:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default capturing roof rainwater to water plants

FarmI wrote:
I bought a cheap plastic garbage can and wrapped the top with window
screen. Drilled a hole in the bottom and added a spigot and hose. I
have it elevated with a few cinder blocks. There is not enough
pressure to use a sprinkler but I can attach a short piece of soaker
hose and water small segments; most of the time I use a can to carry
the water to the plants.

Just don't try this in Colorado, where capturing rainwater is
illegal.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar...ed-rainwater18

Good Lord! How absolutely ridiculous!

Isn't it interesting that the nation that superficially champions freedom of
the individual, the society of limitless opportunity, the home of the brave
etc, has so many domestic quirks where those freedoms are abrogated by law
and hosts so many powerful groups whose main aim is to make everybody live
their way and no other.

David