Old 29-05-2010, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Roses

wrote ...
I've got my first rose open in the garden!
(had loads of buds so far, but this is the first actual open flower)

Our "Gertrude Jekyll" and "Winchester Cathedral" have been flowering for a
week or so but they are in our hot S. facing front garden and I am watering
them like mad to stop them wilting. For years I said I didn't like Roses but
these David Austin ones have changed my view so I now realise it's the
Hybrid Teas I'm not so keen on.
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl....asp?showr=856
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl...asp?showr=1011

--