Old 29-05-2010, 01:32 PM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
Wallace Wallace is offline

Default ID this type of farm BRIDGE, please

You need to get out and look at irrigation ditches and how irrigation is
done. As Dean mentioned, these days pumps are mostly used but that is not
the only way to apply water from an irrigation channel and nor is the
irrigation channel shown by the OP the only way irrigation channels look
at all times or across a whole farm.

If you got out and actually looked at irrigation channels and you might
have some sort of clue about how they could be used without access to a
pump.

I am fully aware of farm and ranch irrigation and drainage systems. You
keep trying to say I don't know about or understand siphons. I keep telling
you siphons won't work with the ditches the OP is concerned about.

Goodbye!