Old 29-05-2010, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default Is Sevin A Good General Purpose Insecticide?

EVP MAN wrote:
Thank you for the advice Tony. I'll do that search and try to find an
alternative method of eliminating the insects. I saw a few of them on
my plants. They are as small as a flea or gnat and when you touch one
with your finger, they fly away. I sure don't want to use any chemical
that will harm the bees. Our local bee population is in big trouble as
it is. By the way Tony, did you ever hear about mixing a little dish
detergent with water and using it as a bug spray? I just wonder if it
would work or not? Sure would be less toxic than some of the other
chemicals I would think.

Rich

Mixing the dish liquid with water makes an excellent *carrier* for any
pesticide you want to stay on the leaves (some people claim good luck
using merely tabasco sauce in the water/dish liquid mix), but I don't
think the dish liquid is terribly effective by itself.

Tony M.