Old 30-05-2010, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default capturing roof rainwater to water plants

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

FarmI wrote:
I bought a cheap plastic garbage can and wrapped the top with window
screen. Drilled a hole in the bottom and added a spigot and hose. I
have it elevated with a few cinder blocks. There is not enough
pressure to use a sprinkler but I can attach a short piece of soaker
hose and water small segments; most of the time I use a can to carry
the water to the plants.

Just don't try this in Colorado, where capturing rainwater is
illegal.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar...ed-rainwater18

Good Lord! How absolutely ridiculous!

Isn't it interesting that the nation that superficially champions freedom
of
the individual, the society of limitless opportunity, the home of the
brave
etc, has so many domestic quirks where those freedoms are abrogated by
law
and hosts so many powerful groups whose main aim is to make everybody
live
their way and no other.

David

Ah, so you noticed the disconnect between the chauvinistic posturing of
national policy, and the reality of its application in daily life too.

:-))) Well how can one avoid it? Don't get me started on US Foreign policy
or Trade policy because I'll say very, very rude things about the thuggish
and bullying nature of the home of the free. That might upset a few people
who live there but who aren't actually on the receiving end of them or
haven't spent more than a few seconds thinking about them. ;-))