Old 30-05-2010, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Marco garlic

"Gopher" wrote...
I seem to recall a post in the past in which Marco Garlic was heavily
slated. By that time I had bought and planted Marco (for the first time).
While it appears to have grown OK - certainly above ground - it now seems
to be bolting with lots of flower heads appearing. I don't recall that
ever happening to previous garlic crops. What is the recommendation? Break
off the shooting heads, lift the garlic now, or just ignore it and let
things run their course? Or is it too late?

Any advice welcome. TIA!

Some Garlic, the hardneck types, do grow flower heads and are supposed too
but I can't remember if Marco is one of those.
http://www.garlic-central.com/varieties.html

--
Regards
Bob Hobden