Old 30-05-2010, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Please send rain

On 30 May, 15:33, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Same here, and I've even resorted to watering mine to slow down the change
to brown. Had a slight shower the other night after I cleaned the car,
always works!

* LOL. It's been dry here for weeks. Last week we took the car to a
charity car-wash/coffee morning in aid of a local kids nursery.
* We supposed the local firebrigade *would be providing the wash, which
is usually the case at these local events.

* When we arrived, *lots of tiny wet infants with wet sponges, *were
running about shrieking. We tried hard not to park on top of one.
A few yummy mummies were ferrying *tiny childsized beach buckets of
water from the church hall across the road, *where the rest of the YMs
were serving *teas *and cakes.
No fire engine, no mains water, no hosepipes, *the toddlers and their
toy buckets were the sole car cleaning workforce.

* * *Amazingly, *they got the car pretty clean. We felt like child slavers.

* * Janet.

Next thing is to teach them to carry their buckets of water down the
garden to water plants.
David