Old 31-05-2010, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default While rooting through the shed:-

In article i5OMn.15545$jM2.2951@hurricane,
alan.holmes wrote:

Thanks for that it is most helpful, which makes a change to the efforts of
others who have made comments.

I was under the impression that it was some sort of fertiliser, but it is so
long since I last used it I had forgotten how to use it.

If you had read the second part of my posting, you would have seen
that I did say that it was a phosphoric fertiliser! Yes, of course,
the Sweeney Todd allusion was a joke.

I have no idea why you have phosphoric acid rather than the more
usual calcium phosphate (which was later superseded by superphosphate),
but phosphorus is phosphorus.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.