Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default sap on tips of peach tree branches

Here are some extreme close-up photos I took of the problem this morning:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9199/peach1r.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8543/peach2m.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6452/peach3.jpg

Photos are resized to ~110k so they'll load quickly

In the second one, you can also see the couple of places on the
right, near the base of the peach leaf, where I think the ants are doing
something to the tree - almost like they're getting sap. I don't think
this is a major issue like the tip dieback and clear gelatinous mass,
though.