Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default Clover Control

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

On 5/20/10 3:57 PM, Frank McElrath wrote:
I have a bad clover problem here in the DC area. As much as I hate to use
chemicals, I may have to. We are planning to take a 3 week vacation
starting at the beginning of August.

Would I do damage to my grass if I sprayed a weedkiller on right before we
left, so as to minimize our exposure to it?

Phew! A lot of people are defending clover. But in the present
situation it's a plant growing where is is not wanted. And the present
question is how to be rid of it. Instead of defending clover, advise
McElrath how to remove it without resorting to WMD.

I have two daylilies growing where I don't want them. I don't like the
color of these two. I don't like the fact that they bloom only 2-3
times a year instead of almost constantly like some of my other
daylilies. And I don't like the fact that they are crowded some other
plants that I want to grow in my garden. When I remove AND TRASH these
daylilies, I certainly don't want a herd of daylily defenders trying to
lynch me.

And when McElrath gets rid of his unwanted clover, don't lynch him either.

I gave up on the perfect lawn years ago. The cost, the toxins, the labor.
Fighting nature is a lost cause. Nature will always win in the end. Work
with nature don't fight it. Repeat this over and over, it will save you
"I love clover, clover is beautiful, clover is good". You will feel much
better. If you follow your current path of weed and feed, it will lead
only to despair and misery year after year.

Daylilies!!!! May God have mercy on your soul

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.