Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Plants that pretty much stay in their place.

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
I've had no problems with cone flowers or Japanese holly or maples. I
sort of like invasive plants

I can understand that. No one ever has trouble with their honey suckle
or wisteria looking bad. Invasive plants always look strong and healthy.

but as I age I'm thinking more varied
pines about. SLOW GROWING.

So what we want is a plant with the all the vigor of an invasive
species, but a slow growing vigor.

I've given up on that and am just settling for invasive species that
the neighbors don't complain about. I'll let you know when I find one!

Jeff

Only thing I fight with vigor is poison ivy and some variegated
ground cover given to us years ago Oh and I also kill Ajuga on site.

I'm being to think avoid vines with a few exceptions like clematis.

Vines do seem to be the worst. I've taken years battling them, and
they can take over if you miss controlling them for a month or two.

Jeff