Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
ddaquaria

Default How many Otto's, SAE's etc. do you use?

in article ogers.com,
Marvin Hlavac at am wrote on 10/22/02 7:04 PM:

Hi everyone,

Would you mind sharing how many are in your clean up crew? I think it would be
educational especially for us with not so many years of experience. I'd like
find out what your aquarium size is and how many Ottocat's, SAE's, Amano
Shrimps
etc. you use?

In my 360L (90g) I have 4 SAE (I'll be buying more), 3 Otto's (not enough). My
algae eating shrimps are being eaten by my new Discus so I will have to
consider
some other alternative, perhaps a corry (suggestion please)?

Are there any useful rules of thumb here?

Thanks,
Marvin

Otos; 1-3 per 5 gallons
SAE: 1 per 20 gallons
Amano Shrimp : as many as I can afford
Singapore Shrimp: no more than 2 per tank

This is how I set up my 120s.
big D
--
Remove the word ³REMOVE² to reply to me.

Check out my fish site @
http://homepage.mac.com/tx_longhorn/ddaquaria/

Or just a whole lot of macro and aquarium pictures @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/