View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 02-06-2010, 04:44 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2010
Question Please help identify my shrub

Hello
A friend gave me various unnamed shrubs before she moved to Hong Kong. I've identified all but one so I'm hoping you can help.
As I'm not allowed to post a photo here and don't have a website, I'll describe it as best as I can...
It's about 3ft high, in a pot, and has several stems coming from the earth. The leaves are bright green on both sides and approx 1-2cm long. The leaves are smooth and grow in clusters of three or more. It's been trained up some wires in the pot, and the stems are easy to bend, no thorns. In April and May, single white 'pearls' appeared directly on the stems. These opened up into 2cm white multi-petalled flowers with saffron coloured stamen. Neither the leaves nor flowers have any perfume.
I've searched on many websites, google-imaged it and asked various people (including my HK friend) but no-one has been able to identify it yet. I'd really like to know what it is so that I can care for it properly. If you'd like to see some photos please let me know and I'll email them to you.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this.