Old 02-06-2010, 04:35 PM posted to misc.rural,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default ID this type of farm BRIDGE, please

"Wallace" wrote in message

I never said any such thing!!!! But in an odd way, you have hit the nail
on the head as to why the bridge could never have been used for a
hydraulic ram (more below).

A 'head' of water can be provided by a pipe bring the water some distance
as we've both already agreed. It CAN also be provided by a waterfall or
even a header tank (not that I mentioned any means of how the drop was

achieved to the ram despite what you erroneously thought).

But to go back to that bridge which is high above an irrigation channel.
As you probably know, irrigation channels are a body of slow moving water
and they are on very gently slope. Just how far upstream do you think
the inlet pipe would need to be to provide a head for a hydraulic ram
situated that high above the water on that particular bridge? That
bridge never held any ram because as we both know, there needs to be that
'drop'. How many miles would a pipe have been run back up that
irrigation channel to allow a drop to run a ram sitting up on that
bridge?

1. it has not been established that this is, in fact, an irrigation ditch
(probably initially constructed as a drainage ditch) or its
characteristics.

It might be established by you that it's one of those canals on Jupiter.

2. Nobody, until now, mentioned that the hydraulic ram was itself located
on top of the bridge deck. It was said the bridge could have "held" a
hydraulic ram. Just like it could hold a pump IN the water.

It might also have 'held' a flying saucer in the ditch.

3. your "nope" sounded as if you were disagreeing with the described
nature of a hydraulic ram.

Your comments sound like you're a whiner.

sounds like you are changing your story again.

Sounds like you still have no idea about hydraulic rams.