Old 03-06-2010, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default best peony

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
My personal favourite is Paeonia lutea var. ludlowii ; its a tree
peony with single yellow flowers; but the foliage is also beautiful ; so
out of flower it doubles as a large architectural shrub. Pretty
indestructible, grows several feet high and wide but can be hacked
back.

Janet

Sounds good Janet. I'll tell the person who wants one. She isn't much of
a gardener and is going for "pretty" and what she sees on display so she
wants me to plant a peony to fill a gap in her shrubs. I recommended a
Choisya or an Exorchorda or even Photinia if i kept it small but she
says she would like a peony.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph