Old 04-06-2010, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Onion sets

A few of my onion sets have sent up flower stalks. Should I pull them
now for green onions, or will the bulbs continue to grow? (I know they
won't keep if I harvest them in the fall)

Next year I'll sort them by size before planting, and only plant the
tiny ones shallow in a row for big onions, and plant the bigger ones
deep and in a bunch for green onions.

I know seeds is the way to grow big onions, but I haven't had much luck
with that -- except one year when I planted leeks...

Bob