Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default UV Sterilizer - live plants - any issues?

LeighMo wrote:
Used correctly (with the right size and flowrate), UV sterilizers are very
effective against ich. And unlike medications, they cause no stress to fish.

So, would you recommend a UV sterilizer instead of medication for treating
ich? Also raising the temperature perhaps?
I'm curious because I plan to introduce some loaches to my tank (they'll be
the last fish in) and I'm weary about ich. These guys seem to get it every
time they change tanks, or so I've read.

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?