Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & live on

Nightjar "cpb"@" wrote:
David WE Roberts wrote:
ISTR my self-sufficiency books said that you needed a minimum of 4
acres to fully rotate crops and feed a family.
They were keeping a pig, though, for meat and for ploughing up the
land. I would have thought you might to keep at least chickens and
bees (assuming you regard these as livestock)...

I assumed the no livestock bit implied vegan. Not sure what their view
on bees is though.

They're not allowed to eat them?

Ian