Old 04-06-2010, 02:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & liveon

Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:31:07 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:
Bruce wrote:
others don't like being pressured by society into eating
things that they don't believe people should eat.

Broccoli for one

I adore broccoli. I eat it at least three times a week.

Nothing that smells that bad when cooking can possibly be fit for human
consumption. Small sprigs picked daily from the garden are just about
edible doused with butter and salt, but the giant stumps they sell in
supermarkets are just evil.

My big love is dried fruit. You know it's picked only when fully ripened
and, without the water, it can be shipped cheaply at any time of year.
Makes more sense to me than flying unripe, tasteless fruit halfway
across the world.

But don't ever - EVER - give me cauliflower!

Not even with 90% cheese content?