Old 04-06-2010, 05:15 PM
JonHorrox JonHorrox is offline
Registered User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
It's about time a manufacturer reintroduced methiocarb pellets. Far more effective than metaldehyde as slugs cannot recover from it, and it is much more active against snails (which can nullify the dehydrating effect of metaldehyde by sealing themselves in their shell).
It's funny you should say that, I find that metaldehyde pellets are far more effective against both slugs and snails in my garden. Also metaldehyde is much less toxic than methiocarb, which is down right dangerous!

See this information on wikipedia: Methiocarb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compared to this: Metaldehyde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jon